Ed Farnham, Road Foreman
Mike St. Lawrence
The highway department is taking applications for a seasonal highway worker from June 1 until November 30, 2020. Follow this link to see the job description.
EFFECTIVE IMMEDIATELY – Unless you have received prior approval from the Town Manager, NO overweight vehicles are to travel on town highways.
During the day, call the Town Manager’s Office (802-433-6671) for roads that need attention. Most times during the day your call to the Town Garage will not have someone there to answer and you will get the answering machine. The road crew are out working on the roads.
After hours call the Town Garage at 802-433-5571 and leave a message. The Road Foreman will be checking the messages and alerting the road crew.
We continue to appreciate Residents feedback on road issues of concern by calling the Town Manager’s office or Contact Us on this site.
Spring Highway Roads
No overweight trucks on town highways during mud season. Contact the Town Manager’s office for further information.
Six-year Highway Plan
YEAR 1: 2014-2015
- Graham Road ditching, culvert replacement, top dress
- South Hill new culverts, channel drain installation,
- Winchester Hill Road ditching, top dress
- Beckett Street install top paving coat .13 miles
- Howe Street new pavement .04 miles
- Seaver Road new pavement .34 miles
- Depot Street New Storm drains, new sidewalk and new
Pavement .2 miles
YEAR 2: 2015-2016
- South Hill continue reconstruction with 8″ top dress
- Falls Bridge Road channel drain and pave 1.4 miles from Route 14 to Intersection of West Road
YEAR 3: 2016-2017
- Hebert Road ditching, drainage, reconstruct with 8″ top dress
- Pleasant Street drainage by Shangraw’s residence
YEAR 4: 2017-2018
- Hebert Road continue reconstruction with 8″ top dress
YEAR 5: 2018-2019
- Stone Road ditching, drainage, reconstruct and 8″ top dress
YEAR 6: 2019-2020
- Baptist Street ditching, drainage, reconstruct and 8í top dress
- High Street reconstruct