Lloyd MacCormick Jr.
At their meeting on Jan. 13, 2020, the Williamstown Selectboard adopted the Ordinance Resulating All-terrain Vehicle Use on Town Highways. The board added an amendment on Jan. 9, 2023. Follow this link to see the amended ordinance.
Follow the links below to read the committee’s final report and ordinance proposal to the Selectboard:
Final report to the Selectboard
Proposed Williamstown Ordinance Regulating All-Terrain Vehicle Use on Town Highways
Dec. 10, 2019
Agenda | Minutes | Video
Nov. 19, 2019
Agenda | Minutes | Video
Follow this link to see agendas and minutes from prior ATV Trails Committee meetings.
Follow this link to see the trails ordinance proposal from the Billtown Wheelers Off-road Club.
Click here to download the Vermont ATV Sportsman’s Associations’s landowners permission form.
ATV ordinance documents
- Follow this link to see Williamstown Town Manager Jacqueline Higgins’ research into other towns’ ATV ordinances.
- Click here to see letters and petitions submitted to the Williamstown selectboard.
- Follow this link to read communication between the Williamstown town manager and town attorney.
- Click here to see the survey mailed to Williamstown residents in October 2019.
- Follow these links to read survey feedback received: Oct. 22-24 | Oct. 24-28 | Oct. 28-31 | Oct. 31-Nov. 5 | Nov. 5-Dec. 13
The following documents were received on November 11, 2019, in a packet via email from Ken Jones, Economic Research Analyst with the Vermont Agency of Commerce and Community Development:
- Click here for links to news and other sites relating to the impact of ATVs.
- Follow this link for some Bureau of Labor statistics relating to general travel.
- Click here for the US DOT National Highway Traffic Safety Administration document “Fatalities in Traffic Crashes Involving All-Terrain Vehicles” dated September 2015.
- Follow this link for the Vermont Trails and Greenways Council report “Economic and Fiscal Impact Analysis of the Vermont Trails and Greenway Council Member Organizations” dated October 2016.
- Click here for the Specialty Vehicle Institute of America document “Position In Opposition to On-Road Operation of ATVs.”
- Follow this link for the US Department of the Interior survey “Environmental Effects of Off-Highway Vehicles on Bureau of Land Management Lands: A Literature Synthesis, Annotated Bibliographies, Extensive Bibliographies, and Internet Resources” dated 2007.
- Click here for a Wisconsin state prepared “Case Study of Recreational Use Compatibility & Economic Impacts” (undated).